At Great Heath Academy we are committed to providing excellence for all our pupils. Our aim is to support every child within our Academy to achieve through a nurturing and inclusive ethos. We welcome all children into our community and aim to support them to reach their full potential and discover their strengths. The SEN policy has close links to all other school policies. It is a reflection of the beliefs and practices of all those who work at the school.
Interventions are run throughout the academy day, with on-going assessments of the impact of the interventions on children’s learning.
Termly parents’ evenings are held to help parents keep up-to-date on their child’s progress and well-being. It is also an opportunity to collaboratively set targets.
Areas of SEND
- A pupil has SEN where their learning difficulty or disability calls for special educational provision, that is provision different from or additional to that are normally available to pupils of the same age.
- Special educational needs and provision can be considered as falling under four broad areas:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, mental and emotional health
- Sensory and / or physical
Please use the links below to see more information about our work for pupils with Special Educational Needs:
Suffolk Local Offer: