We want to make applying to our academy as easy as possible, so below we have listed how you do this. Please get in touch if you have any queries on 01638 713430.
Applying to join us 2020/2021
Applying for a Reception place for September 2020
How to apply for September 2020
We have space for 90 children in our Reception for September 2020.
If you are applying for a place in Reception starting in September 2020, before the application closing date of 15 January 2020, please apply via the Local Authority for the area in which you live. Where this is Suffolk County Council, all information, including how to apply online, is on the Suffolk County Council Admissions page.
If you miss the deadline, you can still apply through your Local Authority; however your application will be treated as a ‘late application’.
Late applications will be considered alongside those received by the closing date only in the event of one of the following:
1. The family moved into the area after the deadline for the receipt of applications
2. Exceptional circumstances, stated in writing with evidence, prevented the form from arriving on time
3. An error on the part of the academy
4. The application is received before we have ranked the applications
Such considerations will be the exception rather than the rule. Otherwise late applications will be considered at the end of the allocation process.
Transferring to our academy – ‘In Year’ Admissions
If you would like to join our academy please click HERE for further details of how to apply and the application form.
If you have any questions, please contact Caroline Martin on 01638 713430
If our academy is oversubscribed
We give priority to children living within the local community of the academy. However, if there are more applications than there are places at our academy, we will give preference to children according to the following rule:
1. Looked after Children (current and previously)
2. Children living permanently at the same address as a child attending the academy at the time of their admission
3. Children living closest to the academy based on straight line distance (this LINK will give you an estimate of the straight line distance between your house and the academy)
All children with Statements of Special Educational Needs or an Education & Health Care Plan (EHCP), where the academy is named on the Statement/EHCP, will be admitted before we apply these three rules.
We keep a waiting list for each year group which is used to fill any vacancies. This is ordered based on the above criteria and not on the date your child is added to it.
The waiting list is cleared at the end of June each year (and 1 January for Reception). If you would like your child to remain on the list after these dates please contact Caroline Martin on 01638713430.
Please visit Academy Transformation Trust website to find out how to appeal.
For our full Admissions Policy (2019/20) please click HERE. This applies to any applications to start at our academy after January 2019.
To apply to join our nursery – please ring 01638 713430 and ask to speak to the head of nursery admissions.