Governors (Academy Committee)
Great Heath is sponsored by the Academy Transformation Trust (ATT*) who monitor what happens at the Academy, but additional challenge and oversight is provided by our local governors or academy committee. This team is made up of dedicated members of the local community – business people, parents, local officials, ATT and staff representatives and specifically:
What Do We Do?
Whilst the governing body carry many legal responsibilities for the school, this only represents part of the overall story. These activities include:
- Oversight of the effective delivery of the curriculum
- Monitoring the progress of children throughout their school life
- Developing and monitoring the annual budget and finances
- Long-term planning for the future development of the school
- Ensure effective policies covering areas such as child welfare, recruitment, health & safety etc.
In addition to these, governors are visible within the school and play an active part in celebrating in the success of the children. For example:
- Linking to subjects and improvement priorities
- Being part of everyday school life
- Helping with school activities and events
We will continue to develop the school for the benefit of the children. This is why we do what we do.
If you would like to find out more about the work of the governors, or would like to join the governing body, please contact the school.
Chair of Governors
*Governance and oversight of ATT is provided by the Board of Trustees. Click HERE to find out more about them.
ATT – Suite 413, Jewellery Quarter Business Centre, Spencer Street, Birmingham. B18 6DA.
Tel – 0121 7947275 / Email – firstname.lastname@example.org